Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Seems so wrong

How is it that a man can lose his life defending this great country of ours, and that the government can't look after his widow and kids financially? People him (and all those who choose to work in our Armed Forces) and their families need to be rewarded for the sacrifices that they make to make this country what it is.

I'm not one to jump on a soapbox in favour of the USA, but I think that when it comes to looking after their troops' families after they have been killed in action, they seem to have it a bit more right.

I may be wrong, there may be more to it, but at this very time, I just feel that Sgt Brett Till's family has been very hard done by.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/6104798/review-of-war-widow-plight-ordered/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a defence family member (michelle) and can tell you you have it TOTALLY right