Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Two days down, one to go

I didn't write a post yesterday, as I was having Internet connection issues last night. I am not happy that this post will appear as one long paragraph (bloody iPad)......I'll clean it up at home. (Edit 12/6: cleaned up and is now readable paragraphs.)

Two days into the Expo, and I am having a great time. I came here with the intention of just doing classes and seeing friends (which I have done), but I have ended up having a little bit of a shop too. I figured with the Craft & Quilt show in Sydney next week I'd have no need to shop - much easier to buy in Sydney where I can get it home in my car - but some of the exhibitors won't be in Sydney, so I had to. Really, there was no other choice.

One such exhibitor was Lynette Carroll. You must check out her work. It's amazing! I have bought a couple of kits to complete which will end up as heirloom items for the girls (hopefully). They are AMAZING!!

And I can't walk past the Twiddleybitz stand without getting my wallet out. Their samples are TO DIE FOR. Such amazing talent on their Design Team. (I wish I could paste photos in here. You will have to make do with the links).

My classes have been held by some very talented tutors. Julie Winks, Sonia Thomason, Angella Peardon, Louise Nelson, Julie Van Oosten and Jane Tregenza. I look forward to sharing my creations when I get home.

 I had a goal to not go home with any incomplete projects. I am doing pretty well on that count. There are two that I haven't finished, which were big on technique. Lots of creative playing. So I will do more with them at home. All in all I am very happy with what I have to show for my efforts. I can post to Facebook, so I will pop over to my "I Am Kirst" page now and post some. (Edit 10/6: Damn photos won't load! Got one on there.) 

After I spend all day creating, I get to come back to my room and enjoy the quiet, have dinner, catch up with people if I want.......whatever I like. It's so strange to have so much time to myself to do whatever I like with whoever I like. Strange, but nice. A very rare occurrence in the life of a stay-at-home-mum, and I have taken advantage of this time. On top of all of this "me time" I have managed more sleep than usual, but I am still tired. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not used to having this much sleep, or if the terrible hotel bed has something to do with it (and considering how sore my back and neck are, I think it's probably a big factor).

So tomorrow is our last day. I head home in the evening, but won't get to see my cherubs until Tuesday. I do get to see my wonderful husband, and I am really looking forward to it. (Who-da thunk it!)

Until I get home - see ya!
K xx

No comments: