Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Damn it!!! I stopped!!!

You know the saying - if you want something done, give it to a busy woman? Well I feel like I have been on the go 24/7 these school holidays, and I keep adding in more things to do, and keep getting things done. I find that if I don't have something planned for the kids to do, they won't just sit and play nicely. There's been a lot of yelling been going on, and for the first time wrestling, and if I keep them entertained, they are happy (and therefore I am happy).

They are fine if there is only one of them around, and I get to spend some quality mummy-daughter time with that child, but with both of them...............*insert scream here*.

This is a first for me in terms of holidays. When Ardyn was young, she attended Long Day Care, and did her preschool program through Day Care, so there were only 1 or 2 weeks of the year that I had both kids home all week. And up until this year, Bailey was in Long Day Care a couple of days a week, so there was only a couple of weeks of the year........you get the idea.

This year Bailey went into a proper preschool (we followed our magical preschool teacher from our LDC) and they run in terms - which means both kids home for the holidays. We have been on the go for a week and a half, and for 4 days of that my darling husband was overseas for work, so I had little relief.
There is a little bit of joy today though, as the lovely ladies who run her preschool remember what holidays are like, so they only close for 1 week between terms. Yippee!!!! Bailey went back to Kindy today!!!!!

So I decided in my infinite wisdom that today would be a "rest day" for Ardyn and I. The plan was to bum around home and do crafts and just hang out. Ardyn has been quietly playing with her Beados for AGES (happy mummy), but a problem has occurred for me.

I stopped.

I relaxed.
I rested.

I am now exhausted. It has all caught up with me.

I have a few little chore/things that need doing (this was never going to be a day for catching up on big domestic stuff), but I can't bring myself to do them. And the thought of making dinner tires me further. I have to go out and pick up Miss B, and cannot be bothered dragging myself from this seat.

So what is the big lesson for today?
Don't stop?
But when do I get a break?..............I'm a mum, there's never time to rest.
No one ever put this in the job description.

K xx

4 comments:

k said...

Oh so true. I only have a 13 month old and a belly baby but already I know this too. It's so hard to start moving again.

Jane said...

you just have to wait till they've all grown up and then you wish for that busy time again!!

J said...

I now declare a day off once in a while and just do nothing chore or mummy related. Otherwise I'll be grumpy & the family will suffer more, much much more :)

Julie @ Off to the Park said...

Hi,

I'm awarding you with the Versatile Blogger Award.

You can read more about it here: http://off-to-the-park.blogspot.com/2011/04/versatile-bloggers-award.html

I'm also passing the rules for accepting this award:

* Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their site in your original post.
* Tell seven things about yourself that no-one would otherwise know,
* Pass along the award to fifteen newly discovered bloggers.
* Contact these bloggers and let them know they got this award.