Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

I hate genetics

I realised late last night that I forgot my Thankful post last Thursday. Time has really flown this past week. I really can't wait for August to be over, but I don't want it over too quickly.

But in retrospect, last Thursday I was thankful for my school community. We have such a wonderful school. Everyone is friendly and chips in for the good of the school. In fact, we are holding a Market in October aimed at 0-12 year olds. We will be having stalls for people wishing to sell their pre-loved kids goods, and stalls for businesses with products or services aimed at kids anywhere from babies to tweens.

For more information, click on the link in my right hand sidebar.
All proceeds go to the school, and the whole school community pretty much gets involved in some way. It's awesome to see. I hope you can come and see it.

So today I'm having one of 'those' days. It's certainly a day that I'm sure my mother has been praying for for 35-odd years (since I learned to talk).

It's all because of this little one.............



Don't let those innocent eyes take you in, and don't be fooled by that adorable smile. She's a monster. A very chatty, in need of attention every minute monster.

OMG!!!! Someone save me.


Apparently when I was a kid (second child) I was late talking - and the family joke is that I've been making up for it ever since. As soon as I started it was hard to stop me. This is the same for Bailey.

When I had both girls home, Ardyn pretty much spoke for Bailey. If Ardyn said "I'm hungry" Bailey didn't have to, as I would gt them both something to eat. It wasn't until Ardyn went to school last year that Bailey came into her own.

I often joked with Cal that once she starts we're not going to be able to shut her up. I had no idea how right I was going to be!!


I look at the kid, and I know that she is a 'mini me', but was/am I really THAT bad!?!?!?!

The kid has barely taken a breath since she got up. The only reason she's not saying anything right now is that she's got a mouth full of food and is watching the TV (although that usually doesn't stop her).

I love this girl, but my God, she's pushing the limit today.
I am wrecked (had a big, indulgent weekend and I haven't caught up on my sleep), and I just can't deal with this right now.


But I have to. I'm a mum, and that's just what we do.
Damn those genetic habits!!!!! I only have myself to blame.
K xx

No comments: