Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

My today

....has been quite busy. I dropped the kids at kindy, picked up some groceries, saw my Naturopath (I'm healthy again!!!), put some shelves up in Bailey's room, rearranged Bailey's room, ordered new bedroom furniture to go into the newly arranged room, dusted and tidied the house, vacuumed the floors and cleaned one bathroom.

The other two bathrooms can wait until tomorrow.
I think that is enough for one day.

Other things.......

Bad Girls Project 52 starts today. I am very keen to participate, and I hope that I keep motivated enough to keep going with it. I have been having a bit of creative time lately, and I really like it. I feel good for it. This is just another way to challenge myself.

I have enrolled in dance classes......stop laughing. I am going to be starting Jazz/Modern classes next Thursday night and am really looking forward to them. I'll let you know how I go.

I seem to have found a new scrapping home. I have been hanging out over at Forever Always and chatting the ears (!!...fingers???....) off the girls over there. They have inspired me, and I can feel my creative juices starting to flow again. On Wednesday nights they have a 'Recipe Scrap' where you are given a list of supplies and then scrap a layout using written instructions (kind of like an online class, but without the photos). It's interesting to see what everyone ends up creating. This is my layout from last week's scrap.

The supplies needed for this Wednesday's scrap are:

1 Photo 6 x 8 landscape orientation
1 sheet of cardstock
1 Piece of patterned paper
Alphas for title
Journaling pen
3 different colours cupcake papers - Yes what you use for cooking cupcakes
1 button
1 heart
kindyglitz, paint or glimmermist...
1 or 2 chipboard numbers (the layout is going to be based on a birthday so it depends on the age)

It starts at 8:30 (Eastern Summer Time). Go over to the forum and register, and I'll see you on Wednesday. Maybe???

And I have FA's fearless leader Sonia to thank for my Christmas tree Countdown widget. I'm sorry if it scares anyone, but I must admit that it leaves me with the unpleasant taste of reality in my mouth. Christmas is closer than I would like.

Lastly, one of the greatest fabric stores, The Oz Material Girls, is celebrating their 5th birthday. They are having competitions and giveaways over at their blog. Today's giveaway is a Shabby Rose Lecien Fabric Gift Pack which is simply beautiful. If you are into sewing or fabric, head over and have a look, then do yourself a favour and pop over to their store for a look-see. You won't be disappointed.

I think that I've shared enough of my recent movements and doings. I hope that you and your family are travelling well, and that life is good for you all.
Love and hugs,
K xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Blog

Thanks so much for the link

Good Luck
Louise

www.theozmaterialgirls.com

Paula said...

It's brilliant that you have joined us over at FA...hope we can continue to inspire. It's certainly great chatting with you!