Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Autumn

Today is the first day of Autumn. It certainly doesn't feel like it though. It's been hovering around 30 degrees all day. I know that the weather doesn't have a calendar, but I'm looking forward to a little bit of relief when the cooler weather hits. That was one thing that I loved about Melbourne. You generally got a bit of relief over night as the weather dropped back to a sensible level so that you could sleep. That hasn't been the case here lately.

To make matters worse, I feel like crap. I went out for a coffee this morning with the lovely Emma and think I had too much caffeine in one hit. It's been a while since I have had more than one coffee in a day, and had two in a sitting. But I came home feeling very ordinary. I put it down to caffeine overload, but after a 2 hour sleep, plenty of water and taking it easy, I still feel like crap.

The heat isn't helping. The air conditioner has just been turned on.

Thank goodness Ardyn was picked up from school by a friend, and has spent the afternoon there. And Bailey has been more than happy to potter by herself, and nap with me.

A little photographic catch up....

Ladybugs for Sonia:



These were the invitations made for Ardyn's birthday party held last December. The wings opened up to reveal the recipient's name and party details. I made 40 of them. Handcut. Had fun making them. The kids liked them, and that's all that matters.

I don't have photos of the party and more ladybug goodness, as I forgot my camera on the day (shock horror!!!) and I am still waiting for photos from Emma.......


Ardyn's gappy grin:


I am a little bit worried as the new tooth started coming in behind the old one before the baby tooth came out. It's just too big for that little gap. The tooth next to the gap is wiggly too, but I am a bit scared that the two giant-sized teeth that are going to try to force their way through the gap are just going to look crazy!

I have a "thing" about teeth.

I have been lucky to be blessed with naturally straight teeth. REALLY straight. People assume I have had braces. Cal, on the other hand, had braces, and loves to retell the stories (to me) about the tooth pulling and needles in the roof of his mouth, knowing that it freaks me out. They are getting crooked again, and he thinks he is too old to bother about straightening them out.

When we had kids, the only things I hoped for was that they had my skin (I'm olive-skinned and it takes a lot for me to burn, and Cal is fair and freckly and has had skin cancer cut out), and my teeth. Skin is yet to be determined as they usually have sunscreen smothered all over them outside and not a lot of chance to get burnt. Teeth, it looks like I may have lost out on that one. I'm petrified that they have inherited Cal's big teeth. And although I know that orthodontics have come a log in way in 20 years, I don't want to put them through it.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. :(


Bailey's self-styling effort for today:


Only a 3yo can get away with a bike helmet and fan combo.......

Later,
K xx

No comments: