Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Blogtoberfest Day 16 - Wonderful day

It was a glorious day today, in more way than one. The weather was beautiful. I am still a little buzzed about yesterday. I had nothing to do except take my big girl to a netball match. It was a fab day.

First, yesterday

After a week of rain and very ordinary weather (including a downpour on Friday night and torrential rain only a few suburbs away that morning), my mantra of "It's not going to rain. It's not going to rain." came through.


It was a beautiful day for a market, and months of hard work by a very dedicated team of people came together with not much of a hitch. Other than a couple of minor issues, it really was an amazing day.
The Wakehurst All Things Kids Market was a wonderful event for the school and community.


I have said it many times today, and I will continue to say it. I am continually astounded by how giving Wakehurst families are with their time when it comes to a school event. The team of volunteers who were on hand yesterday to make sure that the day ran smoothly fills my heart with pride. I love this school so much, and the community within it has a big place in my heart - and it gets bigger every day.


It was a long day, but a very fulfilling day. It was such a buzz, and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. 
I fell asleep on the couch before 10pm.


 Today

The family let me sleep in, and it was so nice to not have to get up to an alarm or a little person. My body was allowed to wake up with it needed to, and I felt so good for the sleep.

Nothing much in the diary today, except for a game of netball.

Ardyn has been participating in Netball Australia's introduction to netball program (Net Set Go) for the last couple of years. Next year she is old enough to play Netters, which is their program for 8-10 year olds that involves modified-rules games. As she has never seen an actual game of netball, I took her to see the Diamonds play England in the third test today.


I played netball as a junior and played socially when I lived in Melbourne, but at heart, I'm a basketballer. I always have been, right from the first time I took the netball court. I was in Grade 3. I was passed the ball and took off down the court dribbling it. I was meant to play basketball. But here in Sydney, especially where we live, it's soccer and netball.


I must say, I was not expecting what I experienced at all. There was flashing lights, rock-star type entrances and fireworks!! The game itself was pretty good. The scores were close, but I still get frustrated at times with the way advantage/disadvantage is called. (Sorry, really bad photos, but hard to take on an iPhone in the dark.)

At the end of the game Ardyn was so thankful for the day. She said it was the 'best day ever', and kept exclaiming "I'm so happy Australia won!"

What a weekend. I can't wipe the smile off my face.


I hope that you had a lovely weekend too.
K xx

No comments: