Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Blogtoberfest Day 24 - The honest truth

I have decided that it's time to get rid of "That Last 5kg". I need to be accountable to someone, and I thought that I would put the numbers out there and be accountable to my readers/friends/family.

I will post my weight here each Monday, and if it doesn't go down, I need a boot up my butt. I am expecting that from you.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not massively overweight, I could just stand to lose that last 5. And ask anyone, the last 5kgs is the hardest.

Here's the facts:
  • I have never been a skinny mini girl. Wen I was full-on reffing and playing basketball I weighed 63kgs. I was a size 12, and had a pretty athletic figure. I've never had a waist to speak of, I've always been pretty much up and down with not a lot of curves.
  • I stopped being so active (but was still playing basketball and netball), and put on a few kgs (and a set of boobs), but always stayed in the 60s. At one stage about 10 years ago I had some minor knee surgery and got up to about 73kgs, but got back down to 67kgs with the help of Weight Watchers.
  • When I got married in 2004 I weighed 67kgs.
  • I have been happy as long as there was "a 6 in front" and I was a size 12.
  • I barely exercise. I don't watch what I eat. I enjoy life. I have had 2 kids (BIG babies who stretched my tummy more than I would have liked), I am 38 years old and 168cms - and am still that size 12.
  • A few months ago I weighed in at about 74kgs. I joined the gym and started going on a regular basis, and it started coming down slowly, but I wasn't really pushing myself. 
  • In late August I was sick, really sick, and lost a couple of kgs in a couple of weeks just being sick.
  • After that I stopped snacking after hours, decreased my coffee intake and increased my water intake. I try to limit my carbs and increase my protein. But I have been completely unmotivated to go to the gym, and haven't exercised in WEEKS......if I'm honest, it would have to be months. I still managed to drop a little bit, but I still have more to go. 
  • I have nowhere near the muscle mass that I used to have, so I am a bit flabbier than I would like to be.
  • I have not lost any real weight in the last few weeks, but at least I haven't put anything on either.

This morning I weighed in at 70.5kg. I would like to be 65kg, but I'm not sure that I could. I'm going to give it a red-hot go though.
I joined up with Weight Watchers online. They have a 2 week free trial on their FB page and I thought "Why not?" I've got nothing to lose, except my flabby bits.

So here I go on my journey. I know that there are people out there who have so much more to lose than me, and that 5kgs doesn't seem like a reason to offer support, but we all have our happiness quotient, and this is mine. Please be my support. Help me be accountable.

K xx


No comments: